The Augusta-Richmond County Small Business Incubator (ARCSBI)
is specifically designed to provide assistance to technology-based
entrepreneurs with an emphasis on research and development and
manufacturing businesses. We are also interested in those entrepreneurs
who offer a product or service that has the potential to help
create new jobs, show high growth potential, and can enhance
economic development efforts of this region.
Criteria for client selection include:
- Business concept involving technology-based products,
systems or services with a preference for research and development
and/or manufacturing businesses.
- Business plan showing a high growth potential.
- Potential value to regional economic development in terms
of employment, expansion of technology-based or creation
of community wealth.
- Demonstrates financial resources to sustain business during
initial start-up phase.
- Demonstrates need for unique products and services offered
by the incubator facility.
- Capable and motivated entrepreneur or entrepreneurial
- Entrepreneurs currently operating from inadequate interim
facilities such as home, garage, storage shed will have
preference for consideration.
What the ARCSBI is NOT looking for:
- Retail businesses
- Businesses currently operating from other facilities who
propose only to continue their existing business with no
anticipated plans of expansion.
- Construction contractors.
- Professional counselors such as accountants, attorneys,
and financial planners.
- Businesses whose primary job creation is commissioned
sales, such as real estate and insurance.
- Stop by our beautiful facility or call (706) 792-9044
to schedule an appointment.
- Complete Client
- Submit a two-page summary of your business concept/summary.
- Incubator Manager will review the summary and advise candidate
if a full business plan should be submitted
*You must have Adobe
Acrobat Reader in order to view, fill out, and/or print
this online form. If you do not have it, click
here to download a free copy.
You have 2 options:
1. Complete the application electronically using Acrobat,
print and mail, fax or bring it to the Incubator.
2. Print the form and complete it by hand and mail, fax or
bring it to the Incubator.